Google has recently come up with a new launcher for Android to integrate Google Now. Free Google Play Codes Although, the Google Experience Launcher is exclusively designed for the Nexus 5, you can use the below-mentioned tweaks to use the new Launcher on other Android gadgets as well.
Some of the users might feel confused about the changed interface when the Nexus 5 got released with an entirely changed appeal in 2013. Since the device got launched with the Android 4.4 KitKit the biggest change was to the launcher, as Google has now thought of simplifying the user experience. Since the launcher served as an active part of user interface (UI) and manages your home screens and apps tray, it becomes important for it to carry a simple appeal. Accessing Google Now, and other services were difficult in the previous Launcher, but you can now easily access those by just swiping the sides on the Nexus 5. Additionally, the Google’s smart search and information system on the home screen has undergone tremendous improvements, and you can access them in a more direct way. Although, the Experience Launcher is made available exclusively for the Nexus 5, you can still use it on Nexus 4, Nexus 7, and Nexus 10 devices by following these tips:
Tips to Install the Google Experience Launcher
You may be surprised to know that every Android phone or tablet comes pre-installed with the Experience Launcher, and its code is usually there in the official Google Search app. Like other Google apps, the Google Search app comes pre-installed with Android devices and automatically updates itself from the Google Play Store, by default. The Experience Launcher’s code is already there in the every Google Search version, and the current version- 3.1.8 is capable of running on all Android 4.1 or later devices. Android apps can only run on devices that support its internal architecture, and the Nexus 5 has a special app to activate the Experience Launcher’s functions.
If you also want to install and use Launcher on your Nexus 4, Samsung Galaxy S4, HTC One, or any other Android 4.1 or newer device, then follow these steps:
1. Download the enabler app by visiting the Android Police’s site and downloading the com.Google.android.launcher file. You can download it directly on your device or download on your computer and then copy it.
2. Now, enable the ‘Unknown Sources’ option by accessing the Security screen and side-loading the file. You can also disable the ‘Unknown Sources’ option later due to security reasons.
3. After sideloading the file, tap the Home button of your device and choose the ‘Google Search Launcher’ as your new launcher.
It is important to know that the launcher may not work perfectly on all devices as it is not made available officially to all the Android devices. The company is constantly releasing bug fixes to improve the way the Launcher works on ‘unsupported’ devices and will fix the issues in the upcoming months.
How to Use the Google Experience Launcher?
Undoubtedly, the new launcher will bring remarkable improvements in the overall Google experience and the home screen experience on any Android-run device. There is no second thought that the Android apps are developed to make your device run faster, but the situation becomes wondrous when free Android apps take the charge. You can use the Experience Launcher in the following ways and make full use of its services:
• Voice action – Undoubtedly, the Launcher is ‘always listening’ and you can simply say ‘OK Google’ and start talking to begin the search. Always remember that the feature will work only when your phone is on, and you’re at your home screen.
• Google Now integration – You can now access the Google Now feature by simply swiping from the left from the home screen. The new launcher eliminates the waiting time that requires the Google Search app to load in the previous versions to access this feature.
• Google Search app – The Google Search app in the new launcher takes up the entire home screen, and you can access them by tapping on the search bar, located atop home screen.
• App drawer – The new launcher offers a cleaner experience and allows the app drawer to display all your installed apps right on the home screen background. The tabs that were earlier cluttering the top of the app drawer are no more the part of the interface as it is now offering support to transparent status and navigation bars.
• Widgets – You can access widgets in the launcher by long-pressing the home screen background.
Always remember that some of the features will work only if you’re using Android 4.4 KitKat so don’t panic in case you didn’t get the desired response. The new launcher’s animations seem much faster, when compared to the stock Android launcher running on Android 4.3 in the Nexus 4. Google is making every possible move to make its Android apps and their features, functions, and other things work perfectly and right on the track for user’s comfort and convenience. According to the recent moves, the company is working towards the end goal of making the Launcher available as an option on all Android devices. Hopefully, in the near future, the launcher will be made available to download as an app from the Google Play Store to enjoy the Google-designed Android home screen.
Hi! I am Russell Winters, a prolific blog writer and keen author of articles related to online tablet support and solution for issues related to computers and mobile devices. Being associated with the reputed best PC tuneup service provider Qresolve, I have resolved thousands of tech issues for our customers from worldwide. online android tablet support My areas of interest are PC security, endpoint security system, router support etc